A Member of USA Softball
The Elk River Youth Softball Association provides players in the Elk River School District the opportunity to play and compete in fastpitch softball programs. Programs include ages 6-16 years of age. Our philosophy is focused around the development of players and competitive fun.
The governor has allowed games to be played, so ERYSA will plan to join Big West for fall ball!!
Registration link will be open until July 8th.
*** In the event that the fall season gets canceled due to COVID 19, a refund will be issued. ***
The governor has allowed games to be played (YEAH!), so ERYSA will plan to join Big West for fall ball!!
The “proposed” schedule is being adopted:
· June 30th – Teams allowed to practice
· July 18th-19th: 8U/10U/12U Kick off Fall ball Tournament (optional ** not included in team fee)
· July 25th – July 26th: 14U/16U/18U Kick off Fall ball Tournament (optional ** not included in team fee)
· August 8-30th: ALL league games
o 6U plays with 8U
o 6U/8U/10U play on Saturdays
o 12U/14U play on Sundays
· September 5-7: Labor Day break
· September 12th – 20th: ALL league games (included in registration fee)
· September 26th – 27th: ALL Fall State (included in registration fee)
There are changes due to coronavirus. Please read the ‘Draft Safe Play: Back to the Diamond Guidelines’ which outlines these changes that we will all be expected to follow. The document is found here COVID-19 Sports Guidance for Youth and Adults .
There will also be some changes within our own organization due to time constraints. The changes include the following:
· Once teams are submitted to Big West, registration costs cannot be reimbursed (as all expenses incurred by the organization are spent to form the team). This would include any impacts to the team as a result of COVID.
· If needed, team selections will happen within the board using prior year’s coach’s feedback. There will be no tryouts to allow for forming teams in a quick fashion.
· ERYSA will NOT be reimbursing tournament costs. If a team wishes to participate in a tournament, the team must decide how to proceed and the team must pay for the tournament out of their own pocket.
· Pants/belts will NOT be provided. Black pants and red belt must be supplied by the individual.
· We will not be hosting league play or tournaments this year due to lack of water facilities and the associated risks that brings. Thus, no volunteer hours will be required.
· We will be sending out a modified fundraiser to help subsidize our winter programs. We encourage everyone to participate as the fundraising events we historically do (i.e. cards and tournaments) were how we supported our winter opportunities.
· All participants will be expected to sign a return to play waiver.
· Participants may (and are encouraged) to play at the age bracket they would have played in the spring had there been a season.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
** CANCELLED - Refunds distributed by 4/10/2020 **
See you next year!
Contact: Annie Volkers 763-238-0411 or email@example.com.
Cost: $20/hr for private lesson
About Annie: 4 year starter on ER varsity. When not on an ER team, she plays club softball for Georgia Impact. Not only is she committed to play at Illinois State University, she wants to help carry on the ER pitcher legacy in our local youth.
June 30th: Teams allowed to practice
July 18th-19th: 8U/10U/12U Kick off Fall ball Tournament (optional ** not included in team fee)
July 25th – July 26th: 14U/16U/18U Kick off Fall ball Tournament (optional ** not included in team fee)
August 1-2nd: Held for tournaments
August 8-30th: ALL league games
September 5-7: Labor Day break
September 12th – 20th: ALL league games
September 26th – 27th: ALL Fall State
PO Box 158 Elk River, MN 55330
A Member of USA Softball